Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Changing the color of an Item in Forms using Forms Personalization

On request here are the steps to change the Font colors of an item using Forms Personalization.
I am using Item Screen for an example and displaying Item number in Red Color.
This is how form looks before customization. Note that Item number is displayed in its default color.

Now lets change the color. Select Help->Diagnostics->Custom Code->Personalize to open the forms personalization screen.
At this point of time there is no condition specified and the Item number is displayed in red in all the cases. So the trigger is written in WHEN-NEW_FORMS-INSTANCE

Click on Actions tab and enter as shown in the screen shot

Save your changes and re-open and query for an item


Note the change in the font color of Item Number.

The Foreground color used in above example is r255g0b0, which can be explained as follows

Any Color is made using combination of Red(r), Green(g) and Blue(b) color with a value ranging from 0 to 255. To create a red color give the value of r to maximum 255 and leave g and b to zero.
Similarly green color can be defined as r0g255b0


P.S. Click on the image to zoom it.

12 Comments:

Saravanan (Saro) said...

Great Show Suresh...Very useful to all...

Is there any possibility to do our queries in your blog?

Regards,

Saravanan R

Suresh Vaishya said...

Post a comment here and I will try to help.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Not sure where to start a new question so maybe you can let me know in here.

I am trying to do some additional validation in the Journal Screen on the Post button. I thought I could do it with CUSTOM.pll or personalisation but there is no when-button-pressed trigger.

Can you help.

Saravanan (Saro) said...

Hi Suresh,

I was trying the Item color change in form personalization as you did....FOREGROUND_COLOR attribute is missing in the LOV...my instance is 12.0.6.

If require send me your email id i will forward you the screenshot.

Regards,

Saravanan

Suresh Vaishya said...

I have not worked in R12, but I will try to find out and let you know if I get any update. Thanks for trying the solution provided.

அருண்மொழிவருமன் said...

Hi Suresh,
I have a requirement to add more DFF than ATTRIBUTE column in a table. I searched in internet and found one solution.

Create a custom screen that is based on custom table. In the custom table you will have a column that references the primary key of the main table upon which standard screen is based. This custom screen can then be integrated using forms personalization or CUSTOM.pll


Do you have any other idea to achieve this ?

Or can you please let me know how to display the column from the newly created custom table in the DFF of a standard form via forms personalization?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Suresh Vaishya said...

To my knowledge you cannot do this just by custom.pll or personalization.
You need to create a new form and using custom.pll create a menu and invoke that form.

அருண்மொழிவருமன் said...

Hi Suresh,
Thanks for the reply. I would try doing that way.

Thanks,
Shankar

mahesh said...

HI Suresh,

Iam using r255g255b0 to display YELLOW as background color..but the yellow color is getting displayed as very bright..is there any option that i can reduce the color from bright yellow to normal yellow.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Mahesh

Unknown said...

hi suresh
i crated a custom form. while iam querying f11 is coming in white colour instead of gray ..i dont know ho solve it ..please explain me

venki said...

hi
i have to change color of bill_to address in customer form.. color is coming for all address not only to bill_to address.. please explain me

Abhishek_Mitra said...

Hi,

How can I change the foreground color based on some conditions using FP?

Copyright (c) All rights reserved. Presented by Suresh Vaishya